FLAME GPU is currently developed and managed by Dr Paul Richmond
as part of an EPSRC Research Software Engineering Fellowship (see below for acknowledgements).
Dr Paul Richmond (Senior Lecturer)
Department of Computer Science
The University of Sheffield
Sheffield, S1 4DP
FLAME GPU has been developed since 2007. The following research grants are acknowledged in contributing to development, other contributions to the source code from third parties can be tracked via the GitHub commit history.
- EPSRC Early Career Research Software Engineering Fellowship, "Accelerating Scientific Discovery with Accelerated Computing", February 2016 - February 2021 (P.I. Dr Paul Richmond)
- University of Sheffield Vice Chancellors Fellowship, "Accelerating Complex systems Simulation", January 2014 - December 2016 (P.I. Dr Paul Richmond)
- Early Career Researcher Grant (P.I.), "Commercialisation of Pedestrian Simulation Software", January 2012 - October 2012 (P.I. Dr Paul Richmond)
- EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellowship, "FLAME GPU", October 2009 - October 2010 (P.I. Dr Paul Richmond)
- Royal Academy of Engineering (RAEng) Research Student Development Fellowship, January 2008 - October 2009 (P.I. Dr Paul Richmond)
- EPSRC Case Studentship, supported by Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAAT), Dealing with Dealers: A Drug Market Simulation, September 2006 - October 2009 (P.I. Daniela Romano)